Bi Optic Incorporated is proud of our reputation as a company that will go above and beyond for the customer. Finding solutions for the customer is what our company was founded on and what is important to us. We prefer to build lasting relationships with our customers and enjoy helping them solve unusual problems.
Bi Optic, Inc provides full in-depth preventive maintenance for our customers’ equipment, as well as our ability to repair equipment in the field, when possible. Bi Optic, Inc is well known for its field service personnel and stands behind its reputation as a customer focused provider. Our service personal have been in the industry for a minimum of five years, senior technicians 15 – 20 years, and have worked on most of the name brand microscopes models spanning the last 30 years.
• Pre-cleaning evaluation and inspection of mechanical and optical components
• Disassembly of the microscope as needed to clean internal elements this will usually include disassemble of the eyepieces for cleaning and disassembly of the mechanical zoom system for cleaning of internal lenses
• Clean exterior of microscope, removing non-applicable labels
• Cleaning of optics, including internal lenses
• Inspection of all optical surfaces and notation of defects
• Parfocality, optical alignment and optical resolution are made on site with our test fixture. Bi Optic.
• Inc uses a concentric circles target and a calibrated eyepiece for inspection and alignment of optics.
• Removal of old lubricant and replacement with quality new lubricants as needed in diopter adjustment tubes, zoom assemblies and focus blocks.
• Inspection and setting of proper illumination technique on site, if possible
• Repairs and adjustments made on site, alignments and parts replaced as needed with factory parts
• Major repairs done on site when possible to minimize down time.
• Post cleaning inspection
• Affix service label with date, scope number and next service-due date
• Detail all adjustments and repairs with costs on service report
All service and repairs are done by factory trained service technicians.
At the completion of each service the customer is given a service report containing the scope brand and type, ID #, notations of repair work done or needed, price for parts, PM and repair. At the completion of service the service technician will go over the report with the customer to explain any work performed, make suggestions of ways to improve reliability and optical clarity. Only after the customer is satisfied with the work done, will the service report be signed and the customer given a copy of the report. This is also when we answer any additional questions that may have come up.
When replacement parts are necessary, they will be installed at the time of service. Replacement parts which are not a stock item in our inventory will be ordered and replaced at the earliest opportunity. Unless otherwise stipulated and agreed to, all parts are charged as an additional expense. Factory or OEM parts are used when available.
Bi Optic, Inc will provide emergency service within 24 hours of notification, during normal business hours, for instrument failure. Bi Optic, Inc has a minimum service charge of two hours for these calls.
Bi Optic, Inc is fully insured and maintains a liability insurance policy year round. Call if you need further information or documentation on our policy.
Bi Optic, Inc warrants its labor and parts to be free of defects under normal usage and conditions, for 1 year from the date of service.
A. Remedy for Defects: Remedial work provided at no charge subject to conditions stated in subparagraph "D" below.
B. Warranty Calls: Calls on warranty work should be made to:
C. Electrical components: excluded from coverage.
D. Customer Responsibility: It is the customer's responsibility to assure there is no misuse, neglect, dropage, malicious mischief, intentional damage, or service by anyone other than by Bi-Optic Co.'s employees or our agents to any instrument serviced under this agreement. Any damage for reasons stated above will cause this warranty to become void.
E. Exceptions to Coverage: Bi-Optic Co. will assume no responsibility for instruments with special modifications (mechanical stages, illuminations, head assemblies, etc.) which were not produced by the manufacturer of the instrument and are not subject to this warranty.
Severely Damaged Instruments
At the customer's request, Bi Optic, Inc will attempt repair of severely damaged
instruments. In the event repair is not possible, our liability shall be limited to restoring the instrument to the condition in which it was received.
Special Modifications Liability
At the customer's request, Bi-Optic Co. will provide service on instruments with specially-modified components, but assumes no responsibility for the repair or adjustment of any specially-modified components (stages, illuminators, head assemblies, etc.) on any instrument.
Hours of operation M-F 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Rates: $ 175.00 per Hr *
Travel Rates : $ 87.50 per man Hr. **
* Labor rates apply to service and or repair not otherwise covered in maintenance agreements. Maintenance agreements are on a per scope basis and exact pricing depends on the number of units, age and condition of equipment being service.
** Travel rates are billed per man hour, are door to door and apply to customers outside a 15 mile radius of our offices in Santa Clara, CA